Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yummy

So these days I've been trying every singaporean/malaysian restaurants that I can think of. So I tried Coconut Grove, a singapore/malaysia/thai diner at Great Mall, with andrew, he had nasi lemak, i had chicken rice which is better than Shiok's but I wouldn't call it chicken rice. There's another s'pore/malaysia restaurant somewhere around san jose-milpitas call Banana Leaf. What's up with all these fruit names??? There's another one at Milpitas Square call Penang Garden. But my favorites are still Layang Layang and Shiok, but the chicken rice at Shiok is not chicken rice at all. Merlion, the Singapore fusion bar-restaurant opposite of cupertino square is too expensive and the food is...er...not worth it. I had char kuey teow and it sucked. It's more for high class drinking. I like the hokkien mee at Shiok, and planning to try their chili and pepper crab.

I've been writing papers these days. Mentally straining. I did them last minute so my heartbeat went faster too. Helped my friends with their filming last Saturday. I'm also having ideas for a simple short. I want to develop a serial character and make many series of shorts based on him/her, like what Bill is doing with el gato diablo (devil cat). I have some character ideas that I'm developing..

Watched the pink panther on wednesday. Er...it can't fill in for the classic pink panther with Peter Sellers. But still...not too bad.

Slumdog Millionaire won the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award for Best Picture (best movie). The awards is British equivalent to the American Academy Awards (Oscars). Danny Boyle also won best director. That leaves Slumdog to be the overwhelming favorites to win Best Picture at the oscars, since they won best picture or it's equivalent at every other major awards that I can think of. Heath Ledger is also winning best supporting actor at every awards.

6 comments:

Shady said...

A banana leaf is a leaf, not a fruit =P

Avocados United said...

banana!

Avocados United said...

banana!

Avocados United said...

banana!

Avocados United said...

leaf or not there's the word banana!

Shady said...

Despite the word "banana", there is no denying a banana LEAF is... a leaf. Like you don't think a coffee cup is actually coffee do u?